Sunstone Hotel Investors
Sunstone Hotel Investors, Inc. (NYSE: SHO) is a lodging real estate investment trust (“REIT”) that owns 31 hotels comprised of 11,722 rooms. Sunstone’s hotels are primarily in the upper upscale segment and are generally operated under nationally recognized brands, such as Marriott, Fairmont, Hilton and Hyatt.
The Sunstone team is focused on maximizing shareholder value through a comprehensive approach to portfolio management. Sunstone’s strategy is predicated on:
- Acquiring upper-upscale and luxury hotels with nationally recognized brands in markets with high barriers to entry;
- Enhancing the value of our hotels through major capital projects and repositionings;
- Optimizing the performance of our portfolio through aggressive asset management;
- Recycling capital through opportunistic dispositions of non-core assets;
- Minimizing our cost of capital through disciplined balance sheet management.